Parents and guardians come to me when they have concerns about their child's behaviour, mood, anxieties and more. Most parents and caregivers feel like they’ve hit a barrier or cannot touch upon the real issue or understand what’s going on. Perhaps you can relate. Maybe you have tried different approaches or researched children's issues but nothing is working.
Navigate Life’s Challenges With Ease
Psychotherapy and counselling with children help them rise above their challenges and start understanding their feelings, with less conflict and more joy.
I help children who are struggling with worries, fears and insecurities to find their way and build their self-confidence. The therapy sessions help them discover what their behaviour is about. They also receive counselling to overcome social anxieties with peers/siblings and other issues at school.
In my years of experience in working therapeutically with children, I have seen the positive changes:
- they discover that it is possible to feel calmer
- know how to respond in difficult situations with peers
- identify their positive traits
- know the contrasts between healthy and unhealthy habits
- discover what helps to lighten their mood
- feel happier.
Psychotherapy And Counselling With Children Can Help Improve The Parent-Child Relationship
Imagine a life where you could...
- truly connect and reach your child in a way that resonates with them
- increase self-awareness and stay centred when conflicts arise
- see positive shifts in your child and the quality of their relationships with family and friends.
How Psychotherapy and Counselling with Children Works
Psychotherapy and counselling with children consists of 50-minute, either online or face2face sessions that help them work through their concerns. In addition to listening, I will share thoughts when it's helpful and guide them towards solutions. Here’s how it will work step-by-step:
- First, I provide a safe, accepting space so that your child will feel comfortable sharing their struggles with me.
- Through hearing their story, I will start to get a picture of what their challenges are.
- We will start with helping with immediate concerns like managing difficult emotions and challenging situations.
- We will also work to discover what their goals are in therapy and in their life currently.
- Keeping their unique goals in mind, we’ll figure out what’s needed to help them.
- Over the course of our sessions, they will start making progress towards a better mindset, emotional balance and happiness.
Research shows that psychotherapy and counselling with children can positively change their thinking, beliefs, emotions and behaviours. It can help them let go of what’s holding them back.
Ready To Take The First Step?
During your free phone consultation you can share what’s going on for you and we can explore how I can help.
Email me for your free phone consultation at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by using me secure online contact form.
Frequently Asked Questions